- EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program identifies its 2018 class from cutting- edge fields including augmented reality, AI, robotics and VR
- The program aims to help local start-ups to scale their businesses globally
- 2018 program will commence in Amsterdam from 21-24 April
EY has selected 30 promising entrepreneurs from across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and EMEIA to take part in its 2018 EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program. The 2018 class of entrepreneurs represent dynamic businesses that focus on innovative and disruptive fields like artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality, virtual reality (VR), customer interface, analytics, robotics and the Internet of Things (IoT). Over the course of the year, EY will support the selected start-ups with strategic guidance, advice and planning to help them to scale and grow their businesses globally.
The program will commence in Amsterdam from 21-24 April, 2018. Tapping into EY’s long-standing and extensive network of global entrepreneurs, the EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program will draw upon this knowledge to help the start-ups bolster their business plans in response to improving economic conditions across global markets. In Amsterdam, the start-ups will also attend Innovation Realized 2018, an EY two-day business conference from 23-24 April attended by global thought leaders, corporate executives and other disruptive entrepreneurs. There, the start-ups will collaborate with leading businesses in attendance on how to rapidly scale their companies to operate, grow and compete in a global business environment increasingly defined by industry convergence.
Annette Kimmitt, EY Global Growth Markets Leader, says:
“The EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program identifies leading start-ups who show an ability to present new business models and entry ways into markets. This year’s class is already solving big challenges, disrupting their markets and have cutting-edge technologies. We want to prepare these transformative entrepreneurs to expand from their local markets to a position of navigating and leading the world by pursuing their global growth objectives.”
This year’s EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs class was chosen based upon their potential to grow across borders, solve big challenges, develop cutting-edge solutions and innovation, drive strategic direction and demonstrate leadership.
Over the course of 2018, the selected entrepreneurs will be part of a comprehensive program that includes:
- The opportunity to network and form ongoing relationships with EY Growth Coaches, global entrepreneurs, industry leaders and EY professionals.
- Access to a dedicated EY service executive to focus on the business issue most critical to the growth acceleration of participants together with an EY Growth NavigatorTM session to help assess capabilities and deliver growth plans.
- Access to the global EY entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Bryan Pearce, EY Global Leader – Entrepreneurship, says:
“Today’s business environment requires innovation to keep pace with the rapid changes caused by changing regulatory standards and geopolitical uncertainty. This year’s class of EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs are not only pushing the boundaries of innovation but they are also the next generation of global business leaders. We are excited by this year’s class and look forward to providing these emerging businesses with the leading practices to help accelerate their growth.”